Home Buying 101
Buying your first home? Congratulations! We want to ensure you know exactly what happens at every milestone, when it will happen, and why. We’ve outlined the process so that purchasing your Avalon home will be a breeze.
- Location: A ZEN location is chosen for its surrounding amenities and easy access to transportation options. From energy-efficient townhomes to pathways and green spaces, our communities exist in harmony with nature. Check out the new communities we are currently building here.
- Finances: Before we begin, you will need to have your mortgage approved by a valid financial institution and supply us with a copy. You can also talk to us about financing options. There is never any harm in asking, and we might have some great recommendations for you.
- Design: Here’s where you get to make your house a home. Choose from our professionally curated colour palettes to make your ZEN townhome everything you want it to be. You will work closely with your personal home expert at this point, so if you don’t think you have an eye for interior design, we’re here to help!
- Construction: The construction period will be full of anticipation for you but don’t worry – we’ll keep you continuously updated. As construction wraps up, we will connect with you about warranty, maintenance, and scheduling a walk-through. We want to ensure you are 100% satisfied with your new ZEN home.
- Move-in & beyond: Before we hand over your keys, we will need a few final signatures (deed of sale, mortgage agreement, you know – legal stuff), but then it’s all yours. Our responsibility doesn’t end after you move in. We will be there for the one-year warranty, service checks, and any other customer service you may need.
How Do You Get Pre-Approved?
Getting pre-approved for a mortgage can be a simple process. The first step is to find a lender willing to work with you. You might start with an online application with any bank or credit union. If you’re uncomfortable submitting personal financial details online, we suggest calling your bank for a meeting with a Mortgage Specialist.
Mortgage brokerages are also a convenient option for getting pre-approval for a mortgage. They will look at multiple lender options for the best rates, so you don’t have to.
For more information on mortgage pre-approval or to begin the process, Avalon’s preferred mortgage advisor is Troy Champ with MortgageTree Brokerage in Calgary.
Once pre-approved, you can confidently begin your search for the perfect home, knowing you are ready to make an offer.